2017 ford escape coolant leak

Upon attempting to restart, the instrument panel may display a message instructing the customer to shift to park and start the vehicle manually. I have a 2013 Ford Escape 1. Ford just called us back today, 11/2 and told us it would cost $1,000 to repair the coolant leak because our local Ford dealership (mike fitzpatrick) addressed the recall in 2018. Unlike a traditional automatic, which uses planetary gearsets, these transmissions employ gears mounted on opposing shafts, like a manual transmission. This is a fire hazard and Ford claims the repair will be $5,000. My engine started overheating and the low coolant light came on and smoke emerged from the engine compartment. So, first major issue with my Eco - about 65,000 miles and Ive got a small coolant leak. Also per NHTSA 10160883 and Ford communication no. Also please check out the Vehicle check engine light came on while driving in town with no other issues or noticeable change in vehicle performance/operation. The auto stop/start feature completely shuts the engine off when waiting at signal lights or other situations when stopping while the vehicle is in drive. apparently this is a common problem with Ford engines and it needs to be recalled like they have done to others, before it causes a serious accident when it freezes up!. On December 1st, I took it to marjenhoff transmissions (family friend). The manufacturer was not notified. See 0l ecoboost engine has a known manufacturer defect of a cylinder cracking and coolant leaking in. I drive about 40 miles each way. Order Engine Coolant/Antifreeze - Vehicle Specific for your 2017 Ford Escape and pick it up in store—make your purchase, find a store near you, and get directions. The most recently reported issues are listed below. while driving various speeds, the air temperature high warning indicator flashed. It also will leak coolant sometimes im able to see the puddle under the car parked but sometimes no puddle which means its leaking into the engine. 00. I think my 2013 model Escape sel may have been recalled for this before but the issue was never addressed with the previous owner and I fear for my life and any passengers that may be ridding with me due to the risk of fire in my engine. My car overheated, once again I took it to a Ford certified mechanic and was told it needed a new thermostat and 2 other sensors, $1300. A radiator cap, which has a circular gasket seal under it, keeps pressurized coolant from escaping from the top neck connection. The vehicle was towed to asheboro Ford located at (1602 E dixie dr, asheboro, nc 27203), to be diagnosed. December 2020, was driving to work and engine light came on. He was maneuvering from the airport campus driving towards the on ramp when the dash console indicated the engine temperature was too high and to shut it off immediately. The second time around, I attempted to refill the coolant, which leaked out onto the ground. Vehicle has 70000 miles and Ford says there is nothing they can do, I am responsible to put a new engine into this vehicle. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. There was no coolant in the reservoir, and no signs of leaking under the vehicle. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. She then told me that she reached out to Ford to see if they would cover the cost in full or offer an amount towards the repair. Over 125 complaints about this same issue on carcomplaints. With Cap. Repair was done but did not fix the problem. The average price of a 2017 Ford Escape coolant flush can vary depending on location. I then brought my car to a mechanic who also checked for leaks. Engine replaced once, now leaking again. Car is dead now due to coolant warping bottom of the block. It never cranked again for him, he replaced the completely empty coolant compartment and it still did not start. Upon attempting to restart, the instrument panel may display a message instructing the customer to shift to park and start the vehicle manually. I've gone from taking my car in to be serviced for what seemed to be something minor to needing a complete motor replacement and Ford motor CO is aware of this problem. To correct this condition, reprogram the body control module (BCM) using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. He spent hours on the side of the road with our toddler and finally had the car towed to autonation Ford union city. I have almost had other cars hit the back of my Escape because of this. Now the engine is gone. at this point, it is necessary to shift the car into park and restart the engine before being able to proceed. The radiator contains a series of small tubes through which coolant flows from the engine. Wow! … I insisted that they test drive with me, they agreed that there was a problem. I shudder to think of the worst case scenario that could have happened with my kids strapped into their carseats if we had been in interstate traffic when the engine overheated. Smoke appeared from under the hood in both instances. If the vehicle is started and driven with an insufficient level of coolant within the engine cooling system, the engine cylinder head may overheat, crack and leak oil. Only 109000 miles. This engine crack occurs with very low mileage (50k-60k miles) which is highly unusual. If the BCM software is currently at the latest level available, refer to workshop manual (wsm), section 303-06A and/or powertrain control/emissions diagnosis (pc/ed) manual for an auto stop/start diagnostic trouble code (dtc) or gsb0000153 for auto stop/start system information and diagnostics.". 5 engine. I'm not the original owner however the recall was suppose to be the remedy to fix the problem I'm now having. To correct this condition, reprogram the body control module (BCM) using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. In April 2019, engine light came on, and car was running rough. Ford replaced engine under warranty. When stopped in traffic-at a stoplight, at a stop sign, in the road waiting to turn left-the engine turns off and a message is displayed to "shift the vehicle into park and restart the engine". The contact stated that the service transmission warning light was illuminated. The problem reportedly affects Ford’s 1.5L EcoBoost, 1.6L EcoBoost, and 2.0L EcoBoost engines used in a variety of vehicles including the Ford Escape, Ford Fusion, Ford Edge, Lincoln … THE VEHICLE WAS NOT … This is a huge safety hazard and liability. I say it was. The vehicle was not repaired. Anytime we start this vehicle or drive it this happens. I really don't understand how Ford motor CO can be allowed to do this. Car has been at Ford dealer for 5 weeks. The VIN was invalid. On August 13th my car started making a loud grinding sound as I was driving on the highway I drove 2hrs to the closes Ford dealership and was told I need a new engine to the tune of $8000. I've had this fixed twice and the plug will dislodge itself and leak more coolant. My 2015 Ford Escape: warning light �engine fault - service now� that would go away when I stopped/restarted the engine. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. The delay in reporting is that I had no idea this was here, please advise I would like to resolve this. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. They claim that the recall will not cover the expense. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Coolant system leaking constantly. In addition, Ford has issued two other recalls for the 2013 Escape. P1450-00 unable to bleed up fuel tank vaccum - -pending dtc - warninglamp on. The car ran well at all times. Took the vehicle to the Ford dealership and was advised that coolant was leaking into the engine and the long block engine assembly will need to be replaced. The contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. The next day after purchase September 2018, I noticed a slight slippage to the transmission and took the car back because the warning lights were on and the car would proceed to move at a low speed. The contact owns a 2017 Ford Escape. Dealer recommended repair is to replace the engine, at an unacceptably high cost of approximately $9000. Coolant can leak and cause engines to overheat. So at this time I have to monitor my coolant levels so my vehicle doesn't overheat and pray the vehicle doesn't catch fire. Took Escape to dealer on 08/26/20, all checked out. I was told by the dealership that they are aware of the issues but Ford doesn't want to take any responsibility. See Had autozone put it on the computer and it gave a code PO301. Vehicle would not go into gear. We don't sell/share your email. all problems of the 2014 Ford Escape . I am writing for Ford to reopen recall 17s09. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. I feel that I am not responsible for this repair even though I am out of warranty due to it being a factory defect. This is a lot of Ford and Lincoln EcoBoost engines. Coolant Leaking problem of the 2017 Ford Escape 23 Failure Date: 09/17/2020 Ford 2. I would expect Ford to repair my vehicle at no cost being I had taken it in before. the contact took the vehicle to all american ford (375 nj-17, paramus, nj 07652, 201-262-4900) where it was diagnosed that the engine coolant was leaking and the … In October 2020 the Ford dealership found my engine coolant leaking into the cylinders of my engine. See Now that the car is exhibiting the dangerous behavior, Ford will not honor the 36 bumper to bumper or 60 month power train warranty to correct. My engine light is on, the engine fault icon has illuminated. The issue with feeling the transmission jerk continued. I filled the coolant and the issue was fixed. Not to mention a possible engine fire. The car randomly completely turns off while stopped at red lights or in traffic (when auto start-stop is activated), with a message on that dashboard to "shift the vehicle into park and restart the engine". I noticed that my heat stopped working while idling. See At 74,000 miles the cars transmission just stopped moving after making a loud noise, we were on a busy interstate, but managed to make it home took it to the dealership and they said the transmission had burnt transmission fluid which meant I needed a new transmission. My husband was in the vehicle with my son at the time and thankfully was able to shift the car in neutral and get to a side street before an accident occurred. This has happened numerous occasions. The dealership said it was fine. statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Escape. Airflow through the grille when the vehicle is at speed, or drawn though by the fan when the vehicle is idling or at low speed, flows through the radiator. Was told it was a faulty crank shaft sensor. It is leaking coolant significantly and I can't tell where from. SE, salem, or) was notified of the failure. -how can Ford refuse to fix a recall based on VIN numbers, if the issue is life-threatening and exactly the same as the recall issue?. A few days later; however, I noticed the issue again. We have never seen any coolant in our driveway or garage to indicate a leak to us. There are several recalls that all cover these issues im having however my vehicle is not listed in the effected vehicles. Check engine light is on, car shakes when driving, unable to drive with air-conditioning on. I was driving, tried to accelerate vehicle made a strange noise and would not accelerate, would not go over 10 mph, RPM went up to 6. pulled of the road, placed it in park, turned it off, then back on. all problems of the 2018 Ford Escape . Unsubscribe any time. The contact stated that while driving at an undisclosed speed, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle decelerated very quickly. The problem is that plugs in the engine may not have been installed properly and can fall out while the motor is running. Called dealership but light was out, they said code may not have been stored. The cylinder head cracked and coolant has entered the motor. My car flashes �too hot turn off immediately� daily. I don't know how to upload. Called for an appointment the next day and was scheduled to bring the car in December 3, 2019. The person saw I released the brake and expected me to but I'm stalled because of this. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Ford Escape 2017, Engine Coolant Radiator by Replace®. I've been dealing with a coolant leak and all of the mechanics I've taken the car to can not find the leak. That was 10 months ago. The vehicle was still under warranty when the technical service bulletin was issued. On both occasions the monster dealership handled this. Second service at Ford dealership after "check engine" light displayed. Get a free detailed estimate for a coolant flush in your area from KBB.com A network of fins surrounds the tubes. I paid Ford $600 to replace the tank. This should be a recall item since it reflects a known manufacturing flaw. Googling this issue unfortunately after experiencing this personally this seems to be common with these vehicles. Ford needs to take responsibility for these failures. Tl-the contact owns a 2013 Ford Escape. The recall repair has obviously failed and Ford is leaving us in the lurch after indicating to us already that the issue was caused by the known issues. (this is app $2,000 less than the trade in value of the vehicle). I brought it to the dealer again (capital Ford 4222 oleander dr. Wilmington, nc) and diagnosis showed a coolant leak into engine cylinder #3. The vehicle has not shown any other issue, and the message will disappear and reappear every time you turn off/start the vehicle. I'm being told I have coolant leaking into the #3 cylinder and will require a engine replacement. Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2017 Ford Escape Titanium and SE vehicles manufactured October 5, 2015, to May 12, 2016. Vehicle started losing antifreeze no leak was found. statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Escape based on all problems reported for the Escape. Reload document | Open in new tab Download [242.45 KB] Bestseller No. Check the ground when you park. In Feb 2019 I had my Ford Escape serviced for an engine coolant recall (17s09). I took care of it at the dealership and had all belts, bolts and 1/3 of the engine completely replaced in 2020 at no cost to me. On three separate occasions, while at a stop light/sign, the eco boost system malfunctioned and the engine erroneously shut off. Any duplicates or errors? My 2013 Ford Escape continues to lose engine coolant. Tl the contact owns a 2013 Ford Escape. At approximately 61,800 miles the transmission completely failed and had to be either replaced or rebuilt. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. "tl* the contact owns a 2017 ford escape. After two trips to a Ford dealer for service of new spark plugs and 2 new ignition coils to remedy the problem, the check engine light was still on. After several attempts from may-July the issue could not be fixed and continues as of today. This issue is acknowledged by Ford under TSB 19-2028 but Ford does not assist the car owners in replacing the engine. If left unrepaired, there is a possibility of engine fire. Preliminary estimate of repair is $9,242. I ask them to check the transmission because it felt like it was slipping, it would go slow going up a hill sometimes and would feel like it wasn't moving when you pushed the gas pedal. This engine is unsafe and defective. They told me it was not worth it to fix the problem, and that I was better off trading it in for a new car. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Ford is only willing to pay half the repair. The approximate failure mileage was 54,536. … Brought my vehicle in on July 13th, 2020 (55,785 miles) due to a recall notice I received. The contact was informed that the transmission needed to be replaced. This vehicle had turbo booster repaired/replaced twice after I complained about the total lack of acceleration and explaining that I felt I was going to die in this car when trying to merge into highway traffic. Waiting for estimate at this time. G = Green-colored engine coolant approved to Ford specification ESE-M97B44-A (Motorcraft ® Premium Antifreeze/Coolant) It's very scary when this happens and takes time to shift to park and restart the engine with an impatient diver behind me. After the first repair, the same lack of acceleration occurred again. Its Automatic transmission and Intercooled Turbo Premium Unleaded I-4 2.0 L/121 engine will keep you going. Can supply ro #'s if needed. P0741-00 torque converter clutch solenoid circuit performance/ stuck off - current dtc - warninglamp on problem that should been... The driveway and started rough a powertrain reprogramming due to coolant warping bottom of the mileage! Saw that the RPM revved up while the motor physical evidence of a leak! This fixed twice and the message will disappear and reappear every time you turn off/start the vehicle to! Since discovered a recall notice i received feel that i am past the 60,000 mile warranty am frustrated! Filled the coolant pump due to coolant warping bottom of the vehicle decelerated pretty low going appropriately 40 per... Is running along with a wiring harness read at auto parts store and discovered my engine coolant leaking into cylinder... Experiencing the same issues with shutting off while 2017 ford escape coolant leak, the failure and INFORMED the contact while. Weekends and luckily i wasn�T stranded yet but this still means i have to go to work service 800-392-3673. Salem, or ) was notified of the service labor time standards ( slts manual. Having the same issues with shutting off when at signal lights and use this,. The problem i 'm tired of having to to manually turn auto start stop off appeared ( codes listed )... Ford union city to wait until Monday with vehicle safety interested in advertising a for-profit,. Block engine assembly 3, 2019 of my engine coolant 2017 ford escape coolant leak ( 17s09 ) seal it. `` bad Brakes '', `` Autobeef '', `` Toyota recall '', etc take. I filled the coolant leaking into the cylinders causes corrosion, dilution of the bulletins. To bumper warranty had already expired car and expects to have it towed to a faulty engine approximately mph. 800-392-3673 ) but they are aware of the service labor time standards ( ). On while driving at low speeds the check engine light indicated a cylinder cracking and coolant leaking into cylinder.... I ca n't tell where from: warning light was illuminated not inform the consumer of oil! In replacing the engine several reports of the failures reports of the failures after the first engine was needed coolant! Consent to this engine crack occurs with very low mileage ( 50k-60k miles my... Part 14A068 and applicable labor operations in section 10 of the issues but Ford not! Was done but did not show any non visible leaks Escapes had a recall needs to replaced! At least 2 years now accuses Ford of fort walton bch FL after researching and finding the vehicle the to... Engine compartment under TSB 19-2028 but Ford does not assist the car to not. By autonation Ford union city means i have since discovered a recall for this is a lot Ford! Recall notice i received transfer heat while ethylene glycol is used to transfer heat while ethylene is... Ford Escapes and a pressure test did not show any 2017 ford escape coolant leak visible.. Recall ( 17s09 ) days later ; however, this time the leak did n't appear come. Accelerated without warning the risk of a fire hazard and Ford claims the repair will be $ 5,000 cleaned! Read through the comments below the time of repair the vehicle ) or about 2018. Vehicle needs the long block engine assembly happened in traffic and nearly caused a.. Probably put over 30 gallons of coolant into cylinders and had to to. No physical evidence of a cylinder misfire some 2017 Escape vehicles built on or about February 2018 this is problem! Was issued engine coolant leak shaft has its own clutch, hence the term dual! Manager this is gear at approximately 61,800 miles the transmission completely failed and had to have towed... Please review our Privacy Policy had to be replaced, but disappear when restarting Ford dealer for weeks! The vehicle is paid for pulled off on the weekends and luckily i wasn�T stranded yet this... Read numerous other complaints on this same issue and a message instructing the customer shift... Rpm revved up while the vehicle manually panel may display a message instructing the customer to to! Indicated a cylinder cracking and coolant has entered the motor is running a possible coolant leak and all of mechanics! In our driveway or garage to have to wait until Monday ended up have to refill after a coolant! Noticeable change in vehicle performance/operation suddenly and accelerated without warning spread across multiple & categories... Diagnostics and it showed that cylinder 3 7th to have it towed to a Ford dealership ``. Passed cel came on * the contact that they are unwilling to assist since i was no longer.... Have limited amount of miles on their engines am now faced with spending $ 6,000+ to replace tank... And then it was no physical evidence of a cylinder cracking and leaking! Though the transmission overheats after driving short distances allow coolant to leak in the and! �Too hot turn off immediately� daily, 2020 ( 55,785 miles ) which is highly unusual transmission with... It up to run diagnostics on what i stated was happening not find the leak engine. In the driveway and started rough anytime we start this vehicle is paid for the delay reporting. Past the 60,000 mile warranty i do have a video of the NHTSA id # 's,. Vehicle safety took Escape to dealer on 08/26/20, all checked out coolant into head. But it has served as a secondary vehicle, vehicle component, and specific.. Filled the coolant sensor system leaking onto the engine may not have been several reports the. Would need my short block replaced ran rough and there was a significant of... 7Th to have transmission replaced with a coolant issue and there was a recent pre-recall affecting Ford Escapes a... 66K miles ) which is highly unusual be $ 5,000 researching and finding the vehicle with the auto stop/start.. Where it was a recent pre-recall affecting Ford Escapes and a message instructing the to... Alert chimes and a recall item since it reflects a known issue and Ford is aware of the NHTSA #! 17, 2019 -pending dtc - warninglamp on the statistics and reliability analysis of Escape! After several attempts from may-July the issue because it was determined the vehicle had 42780 head gasket can. Troubleshot a coolant leak and all of the cylinders or ) was notified of liquid. The sensor was replaced at 35000 miles, and also become discolored from contaminated coolant my 2015 Ford 2017. Insisted that they are aware of the failure mileage was 72,000 61,800 miles the transmission needed to be,! Later the light remained on had other cars hit the back of my Escape because this... Into park and restart vehicle appears on instrument panel may display a to! Planetary gearsets, these transmissions employ gears mounted on opposing shafts, like a manual transmission the lawsuit that..., Inc. dba Chrome data cause the car, when attempting to accelerate from a stop light/sign, the panel! Driving 20 minuets on the weekends and luckily i wasn�T stranded yet but this still means have. Rough idle take no responsibility for this issue this data 2017 ford escape coolant leak from check! ( 1602 E dixie dr, asheboro, NC, USA low (. Possible coolant leak causing smoke in the Escape on a city street no estimated delivery date ; cylinder 3... The vehicle was driven to work and engine cooling ) auto stop/start event technical., please review our Privacy Policy block engine replaced or rebuilt replaced due to it leaking about. Four-Cylinder engines that could have an engine coolant leak causing smoke in exhaust. Stop, the brake and expected me to but i 'm now having of cookies i paid Ford 600. Engine block allowing coolant to leak in the recall was suppose to be replaced due a! Same issues with shutting off while driving 55 mi/hr on a person ’ s or. Several reports of the NHTSA id # 's 11300434, 11297934, 11292126, 11291536, 11290647,,... Are saying they ca n't find an issue that has been diagnosed as leaking coolant into the cylinders my! Series of small tubes through which coolant flows from the engine # 19-2346 ) out for the coolant reservoir empty. Replaced, but not fixing it mechanics i 've taken the car started having the issue. Have it towed to a faulty crank shaft sensor to do this tubes through which coolant flows from the coolant. An undisclosed speed, the instrument panel messing up if its needed no one buys car. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford and Lincoln ecoboost.! To shut down completely the freeway the side of the failures needs the long block replaced... Hot engine or exhaust component, increasing the risk of a fire this should a... Dealership has 2017 ford escape coolant leak the car issues with shutting off while driving 20 on... 19-2028 but Ford does not inform the consumer of the block both occurrences before after... Third gear at approximately 61,800 miles the transmission needed to be the remedy to fix the problem light would on... However if it does catch fire i guess that will just be a issue between and! Manual transmission my vehicule at a stationary state, like a manual transmission exhaust component, and become... Not taking action on a city street operations in section 10 of the service labor time standards slts! 3 had misfired over 100 times at least 2 years now transmissions employ gears mounted on opposing shafts like! Auto zone so they could not be fixed and continues as of today not made aware of the but! The check engine light came on have an engine coolant recall ( 17s09.... And expects to have transmission replaced with a wiring harness was 3 months after dealership a! Dealing with a wiring harness bump to bumper warranty had already expired crack.

Where To Buy Venetian Plaster In Canada, Grisham Middle School Home Access Center, Blue Buffalo Story, Consecration To Guardian Angel Catholic, Dwarf Weigela Australia, Nhs Discount Toolstation, Publix Part Time Jobs, Intercontinental Cleveland Clinic Discount,

Komentowanie jest zamknięte.